Wednesday, January 9, 2008

The Mountains are Out!

You know that you live in the Pacific Northwest if the expression "The mountain is out today" makes sense to you.
It is more commonly said in Seattle and Tacoma, which have a closer view of Mt. Rainier than this one where it is peeking over the clouds beyond the vineyard and the town. But they only have that view when the weather is clear. Sometimes it can be clear in the city, but the mountain still hides beneath its own weather.
From our vantage point, we also have a grand view of Mt. Adams, in this case hovering beyond the hopyard.

Summer sunsets can be luscious, but a winter glimpse is special. I took these photos today on my noontime walk on our pathway.

2 comments:

Paulie said...

and look at that beautiful snow!

Yolanda said...

I know what you mean except for me it is Mt. Hood. I love the photos of Mt. Ranier.I wish I could have went with you both to play on Mt. Ranier.