Friday, July 18, 2008

Sounds

I know you like your music. I may even like your music, too.

My volume control button has disappeared from my toolbar due to some sort of automatic update that hid it in some other stuff so that it takes a few clicks to turn your music down or find the mute button.
~
Nope. It's gone. I was going to do a screenshot and put in a picture of it, but I can't find it again, though it must be there somewhere because I found it by accident yesterday.
That doesn't help when my radio or TV is on and I open several blogs in different tabs to go through and two of them have music that not only compete with what I am listening to but with each other and another has bird calls.
~
If you have sound on your blog and I don't comment, it may mean that I have been assaulted by too much varied audio and closed everybody up early.
It may even happen if you don't have sound on your blog, 'cause if I have five tabs open I don't actually know which one is singing to me.

7 comments:

mrsnesbitt said...

I did have sound on my blog, part of my desert island choice, but didn't realise it would start up automatically........but My Sweet Lord was Ok to start with lol.anyhow, not any more! I like to READ before I listen!

Can't do the pair together. I either listen, or read!
(gosh I sound like my mother!)

Dxxx

Cath said...

I know the feeling Katney - sound is nice but so is choice and not competing with each other!

I also open several tabs at once, for instance on Skywatch or ABC or POTD. That way I get through as many as I can. I like music, but I like to click 'play' when I am ready to listen and can appreciate it.

Love your musical pictures.

Paulie said...

I am lucky because I can't hear the music but I know its there on some blogs because I get a little sign asking me if I want to download some media player so I can hear it. No thanks! If I want music, I will have it on at home. I understand.

Lew said...

I'm with you on the sound - my keboard has a volume know and it is all the way down, unless I want to listen to something.

Barbara said...

I know what you mean Katney, often I have several tabs open and don't know where the sound is coming from.

Mary said...

I thought maybe I was the only one who prefered my own choice of music to someone else's. I find I don't visit blogs with sound very often.

Anonymous said...

Sound! I, too, have been known to slam windows and forget commenting because I couldn't figure out how to turn the sound off. On my new laptop it is easy and I mostly keep it down LOW, so I can tell there is sound in case I want to check it out and listen, but so I am not FORCED to indulge. Plus, I am not the only one living in my house. And sometimes I blog in the wee hours of the morning. I think sound on a blog is a lovely choice -- if it comes with a volume control knob.