Sunday, August 10, 2008

Meeting

"So guess who I met at the supermarket--no-- you will never guess, so I will tell you."

OK

"It was that couple--we haven't seen them for a long time. She is big and he is not and we went to a barbecue at their house, remember?"

Nothing.

"They don't go to our church."

My mind is scouring the 33 years we have lived in this town, every barbecue we have been to of a couple--she big/he not--that don't go to our church.

Nothing.

My mind is thinking of every couple we have known in this town where she is big and he is not and we have ever been to anything at their house and they don't go to our church.

My mind is thinking of every couple we have ever known whom we haven't seen for a long time.

Who eat.

Who don't go to our church.

And might shop at the supermarket.

Let's see. They moved away. They went to our church and they also moved away. He sees them every once in a while. He mentioned seeing them just the other day and called them by name. They were both big. They were both not.

Nothing.

"Maybe they lived in S---."

Nothing.

"Out in the country in a mobile home."

I think maybe I need to take over the grocery shopping.

4 comments:

judi/Gmj said...

LOL!! And the really scary part? I totally understood this conversation!

~michelle pendergrass said...

I'm having deja vous. LOL

Anonymous said...

It was so-and-so... you know...
Lived next door to whois.

Paulie said...

Oh yeah, that the same person I remember but forget who it is! lol That is just too funny! Tell hubby it is not fair to tell you their name.