Friday, January 16, 2009

PhotoHunt--Hats

Hats of every variety have been a hallmark of walkers, crew, and supporters in the Breast Cancer 3-Day Walks the last two years in Seattle.
Raising a couple thousand dollars for the privilege of walking 60 miles and sleeping in a pink tent brings out a bit of the crazy in everyone.
But seriously folks, the Breast Cancer 3-Day, held in 15 cities across the US, raises millions of dollars for the pursuit of a cure. The hat I wore the last two years bears the names of about 75 breast cancer patients--starting with my mother, my sister, and my aunt.
Will I wear it again this coming year? I hope to. The Seattle walk conflicts with another commitment, but I have 14 other cities to choose from. I haven't signed up yet--I am waiting to see what my hip and my knees are going to do--but I expect to walk in Arizona in November.
~
Anyone want to go for a long walk?
~
Visit TnChick to find other PhotoHunters
and see what sort of hats they might wish to share.

8 comments:

PERBS said...

I completed the Portland Marathon 3 years ago and since then have been happy just doing my shorter walks daily. The only thing I regret is not taking any photos during the walk. . . and I had my camera with me but my friend said I shouldn't. I wasn't racing so I could have.

Anonymous said...

You have the accolade for hat diversity I think.

Anonymous said...

Here's to crazy ;-) Great selections!

Anonymous said...

Great selection of hats!

Mary said...

These are some of the best hats I've seen! Really perfect post!

Rebecca Mecomber said...

ROFL! Some of the bets hats ever! I love the pink puffy headband hat.
I did Photo Hunters today, too! Hope you get a chance to visit.

http://newyorktraveler.net/photo-hunters-hats/

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos...the cause is dear to my heart.

Christy Woolum said...

I need to get back doing the photo hunt, but I just couldn't do a hat. YOurs makes up for mine. Great post.