Sunday, September 27, 2009

Monday's Odd Shot--my first odd shot from this Alaska trip



It seems like a good idea, nice and orderly, so why is it an odd shot?
Remember there are various definitions of Odd Shots, and some shots have been odder than others over the last year and a half. An Odd Shot can be odd because of the angle that the photo is taken, or it might recall an odd circumstance or unusual contradiction. It might be a shot of something that is really, well, odd. Click the camera in the sidebar for all the details about the meme.

In this case it is the obvious lack of need for customers to form a single line -- or any sort of line at all at the car rental desks at Anchorage International Airport that gave me a chuckle.

I've been asked about Mr. Linky or Mr. McLinky. Personally, I am not fond of them, but I will bring one back for Odd Shots except if I am away from my computer for an extended periods such as my recent trip to Alaska. They are great gadgets, but sometimes problematical, and I don't want everything to go south when I'm not around to fix it.

6 comments:

PERBS said...

I really had to think of why it was odd -- glad you explained. lol I miss doing the meme but maybe one day again -- I am running out of space soon and not sure how I will go. Nice to see you back and blogging in person and waiting for more of those cruise photos.

MOO said...

Love it! I've got a fairly "Odd Shot" posted today, too...

On the Wings of a Dove?

BTW, Mr. Linky's not letting me put today's URL into his little box...he tells me "function disabled"...so I just used my general URL.

Hilda said...

Not very many tourists at this time, huh? ;)

Gattina said...

Hahaha ! I form online and wait ! Some signs are so stupid !

Lew said...

Great odd shot! I encountered the same condition in Denver last May - same 2 companies, one agent, several customers.

Kerrie said...

These tide pictures are so exquisite. Such beauty, you have a wonderful talent taking such clear and beautiful pictures. Always a pleasure to visit your sites. Kerrie