Tuesday, January 5, 2010

ABC (Wed)--My World (Tues) starts with a Y


I was going to do Y is for Yurts, but then, I realized that the last Y had come just after we had been camping with the kids in the yurts. The pictures I had chosen were the exact same ones I used six months ago. Ah, well. No Yurt repeat.

So, of course, I have my backup always ready for a good Y, since I live in the Yakima Valley. I started through the files to find some good Yakima Valley images, then I decided to stop before I got too many. Later I realized that this is My World, so I am going to link this post there as well.

So here are some things I enjoy about the Yakima Valley of south central Washington.

It is the Fruit Basket of the Northwest.







Which makes for some great Farmers' Markets throughout the Valley.




There are some great events in the Valley, such as the Prosser Balloon Ralley...



...the Central Washington State Fair...

...and the annual Vintiques Car Show.

There are a variety of places to hang out even when there's nothing special going on.
Here is where my Book Club meets in the summer--can you guess?


Sarge Hubbard Park is part of the miles long Yakima Greenway--a system of parks, playgrounds and trails along the Yakima River.


With a view through the city to the mountains beyond.
...with some history and wildlife thrown in nearby as well.


Wind up the day with a beautiful sunset and you can't beat it.


For others with  ABC--Y this week, look here.
My World starts with Y--find other My World posts here.

7 comments:

Paulie said...

And I thought maybe the Yakima Valley was boring. . . NOT!

Jama said...

Looks like a very nice place to be in! I can see the shadow of Starbuck Coffee, that's where you had your bookclub meeting?

Roger Owen Green said...

So you may be the only Yakima Valley, but you would have been the 5th yurt. So you made a good choice.

Sylvia K said...

These are terrific captures and what a great post for the Y day! I did the Yakima River and Yakima Indians and we do live in one gorgeous place, don't we? Have a great day!

Sylvia

Tumblewords: said...

It's a gorgeous place, in many ways! I posted yurt this time, love them and they seem to be a popular Y!

Rune Eide said...

It looks like a nice place to live - even without snow ;-)

I would really have enjoyed those apples!

PS Thank you for the tip - now corrected.

Jay said...

You do live in a beautiful place! Never been to Washington state, but we have plans to drive through some day.

Seems like there's a lot going on, too!