Friday, January 1, 2010

Weekend Reflections--Huh?


So where is the reflection in this Weekend Reflection? Well, come back in July and stand right there. No, maybe you'd better back up a bit as I am standing  ON Reflection Lake to take this picture. The cross country skiers are also ON the lake. In July, you would see the reflection of the mountain right where they are. It's that incredible reflection image you see on postcards. I'm just a little early--or else a bit late?

James does Weekend Reflections every week and invites us to join him here.

8 comments:

Paulie said...

I did not know it froze and you could ski on it! I remember the place well from my photographs when it was not frozen and I can attest to the reflections! I bet it would be fun to do cross country skiing there! I did it only once with 5th graders when I did my student teaching but it was in the forrest and not on a lake!

eileeninmd said...

It is a cool place or should I say cold place. Pretty scene!

Anonymous said...

The scenery is spectacular and your reflections on the reflections are fun and fair I would think. Happy New Year.

Kat said...

This is such a gorgeous spot. The sky is so intensely blue. And to be fair, isn't the sun reflecting off of the snow?? Great shot and fun post. Kathy

raf said...

No reflection right now, Katney, but there is that familiar lenticular cap on the mountain. Nice cover-up job on the reflection though. Wishing you and yours all the best in the new year!

Halcyon said...

Gorgeous photo. I love the sky and the trees and all the white. Just wonderful!!

James said...

I love the color combonation in this teaser. I look forward to seeing the reflection. :)

Liz Hinds said...

that's impressive! Very beautiful.