Monday, March 15, 2010

My middle name...

My mother's name was Jane.

My great grandmother's middle name was Jane.

There are other great greats on back through history whose names or middle names were Jane. Keziah Jane. Sarah Jane.

My daughter's middle name is Jane. Her daughter's middle name is Jane.

But apparently I have been Jan for forty of my years.

Social Security asked for documentation of name change so I dug up marriage certificate.

"I don't know why they asked for this, we already have you in here with your married name."

Further investigation.

Forty years ago when I changed my social security number from my maiden name to my married name, someone dropped the "e" in my middle name. Since the card just had my middle initial on it, I never knew.

Till today.

I did not abandon you Jane Christina, Lodusca Jane, Keziah Jane and all you other Janes.

I am Jane again.

2 comments:

Paulie said...

Now that's a story for the memory book! I love it. Congrats on 40 years of marriage too!

My middle name is Elizabeth. I was named for my aunt who is Elizabeth Pauline BUT the birth certificate soes not how Elizabeth as my middle name -- it says I have none. BUT all my other documents have it on it so who knows what happened. lol

~Cheryl said...

What a wonderful story! Congratulations to you and your hubby! Awesome!