Friday, June 11, 2010

Indian SkyWatch from the WayBack Machine

I took this while we were cruising on Lake Periyar in the Periyar Tiger Preserve National Park in India ten years ago. We didn't see any tigers, but we did see some elephants in the distance, some wild boar, and lots of cormorants who liked to sit on those snags in the water. The hotel where we stayed warned us to be sure to close the windows so that we would not be overrun by monkeys. I was so glad we visited this National Park--I have visited National Parks in four countries besides my own. There is something about seeing and understanding what a nation decides to hold apart and preserve that always intrigues me.  SkyWatch Friday is here.

1 comment:

VioletSky said...

It does look very lush.
That is an interesting view regarding National Parks as a way to get to understand a country a little better.