Sunday, August 15, 2010

Monday Geometry in Edinburgh





A close is a narrow alley leading into a square or garden, sometimes as narrow as this staircase.








I don't know what we would have found at the end of Craig's Close, but taking a look into Dunbar Close we found the Dunbar's Close Gardens. Formal gardens laid out in a clear geometry.


I've added one more picture of the Dunbar Gardens so that you can better see the benches along the edges. I was so awed by the green (and the geometry) that I didn't think of benches specifically, but I will have some benches for Paulie and Rune later in the trip.

6 comments:

Paulie said...

Beautiful BUT where's the benches?????????

Katney said...

If you look carefully, you will see at least one bench in each picture, and I have added another that has three. I'll have some more benches for you specifically later in the trip.

Kerrie said...

Loved seeing all of the photos and catching up with you! The summer has almost flown! Luvu, take care, Kerrie

Paulie said...

Ok so I do see partial benches in this post. . . I guess they hadn't fully loaded when I wrote the comment. My new computer has no built in modem so it is quite slow loading photos at times. . . sigh

imac said...

Your camera always finds beauty.

Linda said...

I've really enjoyed your Edinburgh series. It's strange yet of course familiar to see my city through another blogger's eyes.