Monday, September 20, 2010

Eye Eye I

When I was last in London there was no Eye. I had thought since learning of it: how absurd! and was all set to boycott it. I'm glad I didn't.
It was constructed by British Airways for the Millenium, and remains an awesome tourist attraction.  These views are looking AT the London Eye. You can see the circles, arcs, angles and tangents needed to create it for Geometry Monday. Later in the week I will show some pictures ON the Eye. Consider now, though, that each of those compartments will hold approximately 25 people. That will give you a concept of how big this thing is.
I still kind of find it a bit unnerving juxtaposed with historic structures.

2 comments:

imac said...

Bravo, its a ride and experience that will remain with you for ever.

giorno26 ¸¸.•*¨*•. said...

Hi Katney :)
quanto รจ alta questa ruota di luna-park ?
Buona giornata :)