Tuesday, January 11, 2011

ABC...Z the end of the round

I had to think through what I might use from our trip last summer to conclude with the theme I have used for nearly all of this round. We didn't visist any countries starting with Z such as Zimbabwe or Zaire or New Zealand. We weren't in Italy, so we didn't eat any zabaliogne or zitti. We didn't go on safari or visit a zoo, so we didn't see any zebras or zebus.





But there were some specific zones we visited.




For example, this Central Controlled Zone is around the Scottish Parliament Building. (I'm not sure what is controlled, maybe it is vehicle traffic. It's not girls in shorts.)








Near our hotel in the outskirts of London, the Pedestrian Zone may end, but it still stands. The Construction Zone in the area, however, ought to be ended by now.




I may pull out images from our UK trip for other blog entries in the future, but for this round, this is the zzzzzz, the end. So I will leave the ZZZZZZZs with my husband resting his eyes as we traveled through the Highlands back to Edinburgh after our week of hiking.

ABC Wednesday -- the end of Round Seven.

See you next week as we begin Round Eight.

6 comments:

Roger Owen Green said...

a girls in shorts zone? there's an idea!

ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Wanda said...

Good Z's......and as you said, it now on to round 8, and looking for an A...

Kay L. Davies said...

You definitely found some Zs. I hope the construction zone is gone now. Some of them seem to last forever around here.
See you on A day.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

Martha Z said...

If I participated in this meme I suppose I could use a shot of my hubby, he certainly counts as a "Z".

Caroline said...

Puts me to sleep too all these zzzzzzs

Tumblewords: said...

Terrific Z post - I so enjoy your wonderful photos and narrative. A short zzzz is wonderful after a long hike!