Tuesday, February 15, 2011

ABC Wednesday--E

You may know that I have chosen quilt blocks for a theme for my ABC
Wednesday posts for Round 8. My plan to locate and plan the block, then make it in time for the Wednesday post is meeting with many unexpected roadblocks. The B block caught up at D, the C blocks were made before the computer design was drafted for the blog, and now it's E and it will be another week before I sit down a the sewing machine for any major work as the leg with which I operate the pedal is the one with bursitis. So here we go again with just the computer sketches.

A comment was made last week that others than an avid quilter would not consider that different fabrics would make a big difference. I will someday (after bursitis) remake that block with different colors to display the impact. The star I show here in sketch, though, would be a good one for comparison as to how differently it looks in different colors.

Here, side by side, is a star that has many names in many sources. But in some it, as well as others, is calle the Eastern Star or the Star of the East.

Se what a different background does to the colors? Which do you prefer?

Some other color choices:

When I am back at the machine, which color scheme shall I choose?

See what others are doing for the E in Round 8 of ABC Wednesday.

8 comments:

ChrisJ said...

I guess I like the blue and green on the dappled blue. But the one on black is quite spectacular -- but not for a quilt, I think.

Kay L. Davies said...

I like the second one, but they're all great examples of the pattern.
-- K

Kay, Alberta, Canada
An Unfittie's Guide to Adventurous Travel

photowannabe said...

I really like the one with the black background. I think it would make a beautiful quilt.
Hope your leg feels better quickly.

Roger Owen Green said...

I wonder if they'd all be enhanced by the black background. but nice as they are.
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Paulie said...

I like the darker background in the first two but I love the patriotic one the most except I would make the design red and white and have the background blue. :รถ) Of course I am prejudiced as my whole bedroom is patriotic. One day I will get my quilt blocks for bed sewed together.

Get better!

Tumblewords: said...

One and four are my favorites! It must be a great pleasure to make quilts.

Wanda said...

The green and gold would look lovely in my bedroom.

The Eastern Star pattern is great.

Chubskulit Rose said...

Simply beautiful!

E is for Eyes that Glow