Wednesday, September 4, 2013

H is for Hike


I know that we are at H. I caught up to G last week after being absent from ABC Wednesday for a couple of weeks. So where was I? Well, at least part of that time was at Crater Lake National Park where we went on at least two hikes a day.

So H is for HIKE.

We hiked to the Pinnacles.

 We hiked to Plaikni Falls.
 We hiked through Annie Springs Canyon...




crossing Annie Creek...

 over
 
 
and over
 
 
and over
 
again.
 
 We watched this little guy for quite a while on the Castle Crest wildflower Trail.





We hiked down to the boat launch...






...so that we could travel to Wizard Island...
 
...and hike up so we could look down... 





...then got the boat again back so we could hike back up to the rim.
 
 
 
(Did this with approval from hubby's cardiologist. It is like climbing the stairs in a 75 story building.)







And on one of our leisurely final day strolls, we visited the Lady of the Woods.












So, as I said before, H is definitely for HIKE.












Thanks to Jules and Martha Z for some great camping companionship.

4 comments:

eileeninmd said...

What a gorgeous place for hiking! The waterfalls is lovely and the views of the lake are beautiful. I love the cute critter! Wonderful photos.

Leslie: said...

Holy Cow! You've been busy having a heavenly time. What gorgeous scenery and it's reading posts like this that make me jealous that I have a bad back prohibiting me from those types of hikes. I have to stay on flat ground! Bah!!!

Leslie
abcw team

Roger Owen Green said...

mighty purdy place there!
ROG, ABC Wednesday team

Liz Hinds said...

My, that's some serious hiking!

Glad husband was fit for it.