Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Ideal Weather

Out Header Challenge theme is Ideal Weather.

Well, at the moment there are few places on earth experiencing ideal weather. Storms, record low temperatures, icy roads. Today many local school districts had delayed starts because of the weather.

I had been at the church late this afternoon (Tuesday) preparing for the evening's classes and started getting texts from the volunteers. Are we having class tonight? Well, yes, didn't I text you yesterday to remind you that we were starting up again this week? But what about this weather?

Weather? What is it doing? It was raining a bit when I came in an hour earlier, and you don't get much view from my basement office.

Sure enough. The bit of rain had turned to freezing rain and snow. We cancelled classes and had parents take kids home as they arrived. No need to have them have to come out in icy conditions twice.

Tomorrow (Wednesday's) lab, doctor, and chemo appointment in Yakima is an early one. We will allow at least time and a half of normal travel time, but if the school districts between here and Yakima are on a delayed schedule, we will call North Star Lodge (cancer center) to get a reschedule.

Ideal weather depends on your plans. This weather is ideal for curling up with a good book.

On this day last July, the weather was ideal to hike the Naches Loop Trail.
 But a good December or January day of snowshoeing looks more like this.

Our Headbanger group sets a challenge each week and vote among ourselves as to who has best captured the spirit of the theme. This week's "Ideal Weather" was proposed by Craver VII. You will find his link and the others in my sidebar.

7 comments:

imac said...

Looking Good here Kathy, Summer and fine weather winter.
Good Luck with Yakima, thoughts go with you my friends.

Craver Vii said...

I do hope you get to do your snowshoeing soon. That must be very amusing! I wish I could try it!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Fun captures Kathy, I do hope all goes well with the doctors visit.

Lew said...

I love your mountain photos in any weather! Stay safe, keep warm and I hope you have a good supply of books (or a Kindle account!)

heritagemom said...

Seriously beautiful mountain pictures, Kathy. The clouds--wow. And the wildflowers are gorgeous. I'm with you--for the ideal weather, it all depends on what you're doing!

Liz Hinds said...

Such a dramatic difference in your weather! We are a much more temperate country without such extremes.

Hope all goes well with the hospital appointments whenever they happen.

Katney said...

Liz, both of these pictures were taken at an altitude of about 5300 feet. That is higher than the highest point in the UK. It's no wonder there is a wide variety of weather there.